In celebration of Halloween I made a Halloween illustration. At a children book market I went last time, there was a man who made marbled paper. In the previous blog I wrote that I really wanna try that. So I did.
Armed with oil, turpentine and wallpaper paste, I went to work. It was quite tricky. The one time the glue was too thin while other times the paint didn’t spread enough. Not every piece of paper got a nice marbled effect, but there are at least some results I can use. For a first time that I give it a try, I am happy with the results.
Some of the results I used for this illustration. I really like the balance between digital and analog materials. It takes a lot of time to make marbled paper, but it’s possible to use results more than one time.
For now I say Happy Halloween: